Thursday, September 17, 2009

I <3 Thursdays

Thursdays are the new Fridays...well, maybe not. But Thursdays are the start of my weekend! I don't work on Thursdays or Fridays, so it's like a weekend to me! Well, except that now I have a voice student on Thursday afternoons, but that's not even like work. I LOVE TEACHING VOICE!! There, got that out of my system.

Yesterday, I taught my first voice student in a couple of years, and I forgot how much of a rush I get from helping youngsters find their voices! It's so exciting to see their eyes and smiles when they feel their bodies and voices produce something they've never experienced before!!! Now, these high schoolers all want to sing things that their voices are totally not ready for.....one girl is already preparing to perform a song from Ragtime for a cabaret in a couple weeks - I did NOT assign that to her, but since she's already scheduled to perform it, I am obligated to help her with it as best I can.

I really want to be teaching. More and more, I recognize the feeling I get from teaching doesn't even compare with my own performing.

No comments:

Post a Comment